What are the options for Portable Modular Classrooms in Texas?
This is the most common question I answer for schools, daycare centers and churches across the U.S…. and Texas is no exception! First of all, a “Modular Classroom” is the same thing as a “Portable Classroom”. While the sizes and configurations may change from supplier to supplier the names refer to the same type of modular structure. People in Texas have called me using words like portable, modular, temporary, even classroom trailer to describe their needs.
Pricing Facts and Figures
The three most common methods of obtaining a portable modular classroom are:
- Lease or rent
- Lease with option to purchase
- Outright purchase
* If you are ready to review price quotes from modular building suppliers in Texas use this Texas Modular Classroom Price Quote form for fast results.
Depending upon the finances you have to work with and the nature of your space need (short term, long term), one of these options should be a good fit. For example, if you are in need of multiple 24′ x 40′ portable classrooms for less than two years it probably makes good financial sense to lease the modulars. On the other hand, if you need a more permanent long term modular building – a daycare center for example, it probably makes sense to negotiate an affordable sales price and buy the modular structure outright. This option will save you from paying far more than the building is worth in the long run.
Prices to lease/rent or buy a portable classroom in Texas (and any other state) change based on your answers to the following questions:
1. How long do you need to use the modular classroom? Long term = lower lease rate and more negotiating power. Short term is less desirable to the supplier so the prices increase considerably.
2. Do you prefer a new modular classroom or used? Used portable modular classrooms will save you time and money because there are more of them readily available. New modular buildings offer more design flexibility but will typically take longer to be manufactured and cost more to purchase or lease.
3. When do you need to occupy the modular classroom? During the high season when demand is up and supply is down prices to rent or buy typically increase. In Texas spring and summer are the high seasons in the modular classroom market.
Keep in mind that modular classroom delivery, installation, knock down and return delivery are additional costs that can be negotiated as one time payments or amortized into the lease rate if need be.
I hope this article helps anyone in Houston, Dallas, Austin or other parts of Texas and the U.S. save some time and money. Feel free to call me if you need any help! Dial (800) 806-7585.
Find a used or new modular building at the best price today! This post was approved by the Senior Editor of www.imodular.com,