What to ask before you rent a modular building
Here are a few helpful questions you should ask your modular building supplier before you agree to rent or lease any type of modular building or classroom. Keep in mind that renting a modular building is just like renting a home…you have the right to use the structure but there are some guidelines that you need to follow in order to avoid additional costs. If you are ready to choose a modular rental company read Choose Wisely, Spend Carefully for some additional tips.
1. What happens if I don’t need the modular building for as long as the rental or lease agreement states?
2. Can I have changes made to the floor plan? If so how much will you charge?
3. Can you spread the cost for my modifications out over my monthly payments?
4. Can you obtain the required permits for my modular building?
5. How much will it cost to remove the modular building when I am done with it?
6. Who is responsible for cleaning and repairs when I am done with the modular?
In my experience it is always best to agree to the condition of the modular building before it is delivered and installed. Do this by visiting the modular building supplier and inspecting the modular you will be renting. Once you have confirmed the condition and floor plan you should be ready to sign the rental agreement and schedule delivery. Once you are using the modular do your best to keep it in good condition to avoid any back charges for damages when it is returned.